I took various photo's and finally chose this one to paint:
The first thing i did was sand a peice of wood and painted a white undercoat on it followed by painting the wood using primary colours.
My final design:
I then adapted this image by using a viewfinder to produce another image:
I also decided to make a collage version of the first painting:
Overall, I am extremely pleased with the outcome of my paintings and how the workshop encouraged me to expand and improve my design and idea's in order to gain the best possible result. This includes using viewfinders, different materials, textures etc.
On the other hand, within the workshop I have improved my colour mixing skills and how to create a painting by using just the primary colours.
The thing I enjoyed most about the workshop was expanding my original design and by experimenting with different materials in order to make my work look more textured.
If I had the chance to do anything differently within the workshop, I would have used the bubble wrap in a different position on my collage as it was extremely difficult to paint the fence in the background on top of it.
However, altogether I think the workshop was successful in improving my painting skills. I also feel my 3 paintings were a huge success due to the vibrant colours, brushstrokes etc.